Calling all Estonian-American historians! The Estonian American National Council (EANC) needs your help to complete its documentary book, “Estonian Americans: Exiles in a Land of Promise.”
EANCseeks Washington, DC director /Eesti Rahvuskomitee Ühendriikides otsib Washingtoni büroo juhatajat. See "EANC Activities"
- EANC 2015 ANNUAL MEETING TO BE HELD OCTOBER 3 / ERKÜ 2015 AASTAKOOSOLEK 3. OKTOOBRIL. See "EANC Activities"
- Special 2015 $200,000 Fundraising Drive: Thanks to everyone who has contributed, we have reached 51% of our goal. But we still have a long way to go -- please help us get there! Remember, your support helps to preserve and strengthen the Estonian-American community. See "Contribute" for details, and how you can make a difference.
- EANC Special Promotion: FREE Vaba Eesti Sõna Subscription!/ ERKÜ erakordne pakkumine: Tasuta Vaba Eesti Sõna tellimine! See "EANC Activities" or "Contribute" for details.
- EANC enables free-to-the-public Baltic Diaspora Exhibit "No Home To Go To" in Philadelphia this summer. Opening reception draws 175. See "EANC Activities", also News & Events- Events for details.
- EANC urges you to write to your Congressperson! See Matti Prima's sample letter and other info at "East European Crisis."
- On September 24 the Atlantic Council and Stanford's Center on Democracy, Development and the Rule of Law will present a public address by President Toomas Ilves of Estonia on the future of technology in elections. See "News & Events- Events."
- The Center for European Policy Analysis (CEPA) is having a forum on October 1 in Washington DC, featuring Toomas Hendrik Ilves and the Latvian President Raimonds Vējonis. If you are interested, please contact Karl Altau at JBANC: email@example.com
- New EV100 website launched for Estonia's 100th anniversary. See new Menu Button at top: "Celebrating Estonia 1918-2018"
- Director General of Estonia's National Museum of Art (KUMU) announced yesterday at the Estonian Embassy in Washington D.C. that the National Gallery of Art and KUMU will in 2018 cooperate in showing 20 paintings by Michael Sittow (born in Tallinn, 1469-1525). The show will run three months in Washington and three months in Tallinn. Sittow was queen Isabella's court painter. The works come from Spain, the Netherlands, Germany, and the United States. This is a major event, a great recognition of Estonia's Museum of Art as a worthy partner of the world's major art museums.
- LEP 2015 in Whistler, British Columbia. Lääneranniku Eesti Päevad tõid Kanadasse kokku ligi tuhat eestlast. See "News & Events- Events."
- Eesti-teemalised loengud välismaa kõrgkoolis.Välisõppe nõukogu pakub toetust Eesti-teemaliste loengute pidamiseks välismaa kõrgkoolis.Taotluse palume esitada hiljemalt 15. oktoobril. See "Scholarships and Grants."
- Joint Baltic American Council Hosts Capitol Hill Event for Visiting Future Baltic Leaders. See "News & Events- News."
- NATO Approves Military Upgrades to Aid Members of Alliance. See "East European Crisis."
- REMEMBERING THE DEADLY BALTIC DEPORTATIONS. Remembering June 1941 - read Karl Altau's article: News & Events- News."
- New CEPA Report on Baltic Sea Security: “The Coming Storm.” See "East European Crisis."
- Preserve your family’s history! Stanford University Libraries and the Museum of Occupations in Tallinn collecting Estonian expats’ family / Stanfordi Ülikooli Raamatukogu ja Okupatsioonide Muuseum Tallinnas ootavad väliseestlaste perekonnaraamatuid. See "News & Events- News."
- Estonian National Museum is looking for WWII and post-WWII correspondence / Eesti Rahva Muuseum otsib kirju. See "News & Events- News."
- Need to brush up on your Estonian? See how at "Learning Estonian."
- Support Estonian American National Council by shopping at AmazonSmile! When you do your shopping at AmazonSmile, Amazon donates 0.5% of the purchase price to Estonian American National Council. Bookmark the AmazonSmile link and support us every time you shop.
- Victims of Communism has a new online blog called "Dissident" with thought-provoking editorial.
- "Ma elasin Eesti Vabariigis" (Eesti 2010) | ETV2 | ERR - Excellent historical film (app. 1 hour)
- "Fall of the Berlin Wall" documentary by the Victims of Communism Memorial Foundation -- view it here.
EANC Board of Directors: From left: Matti Prima, Maia Linask (Secretary), Mirjam Krull, Mai-Liis Bartling, Marju Rink-Abel (President), Eric Suuberg (Vice President), Arne Kalm. Kristi Allpere, Andres Simonson. [Not present: Alvar Soosaar, Tiina Urv (treasurer)]
ERKÜ XXI Esinduskogu valimised / EANC XXI Elections. Click MENU button "EANC 2014 Elections". Congratulations to everyone - Palju õnne!
[Last Update: September 25, 2015]