- EANC 2014 Awards Dinner and Seminar "Estonians in America: Past, Present and Future" – Sept. 27 / ERKÜ 2014. a. auhindade õhtusöök ja seminar – 27. sept. Held at the Sheraton Stamford Hotel in Stamford Connecticut. Reserve your seat now! See "EANC Activities" for details and registration form.
Rooms at the Sheraton Stamford Hotel are old out! But EANC has negotiated a special $115+tax room rate for a limited number of rooms at the Hilton Stamford –See "EANC Activities"
- ERKÜ 2014. a. auhinna saajad valitud/ EANC 2014 Awardees Announced! See "EANC Activities" for details and registration form for the Awards Dinner on Sept. 27 in Stamford Connecticut -- come and honor: Jaak Juhansoo, The Nordic Press (Vaba Eesti Sõna), James and Maureen Tusty, and the Estonian Boy Scouts and Girl Guides in the U.S.
- See "East European Crisis" for EANC's Sept. 1 letter to President Obama, and JBANC's Aug. 31 letter.
- ERKÜ XXI Esinduskogu valimised / EANC XXI Elections. RESULTS ARE IN! Click MENU button "EANC 2014 Elections". Congratulations to everyone - Palju õnne!
- The Joint Baltic American National Committee, Inc. (JBANC) has begun a series of meetings with members of the House Baltic Caucus to thank and recognize them for their support for Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania.
Pictured at a recent meeting are (right to left) upcoming JBANC Chair Marju Rink-Abel, Managing Director Karl Altau, Maryland Congressman Chris Van Hollen, and JBANC intern Lita Juberte.
- Scandinavian Festival "ScanFest" held on Labor-Day Weekend:
EANC Board members Ülle Ederma and Viiu Vanderer hosted the Estonian display, and Pillerkaar dancers performed. See "News & Events- Events."
- 2015 KLENK-IEP -- Cruising Estonian Style! The joint KLENK (Kesk-Lääne Eesti Noorte Koondis / Midwestern Estonian Youth Association) and IEP (Idaranniku Eesti Päevad / East Coast Estonian Days) event will combine Estonian culture with sunshine, Caribbean islands, fine dining and luxurious travel. See "News & Events- Events."
- Laulupidu 2014 / Estonian Song Festival - view videos and news HERE. Read New York Times article HERE. Read Wall Street Journal article HERE. For a history of Laulupidu, with photos, see "Did You Know?"
- Obama's visit to Estonia: click here for briefing by the Center for Strategic and International Studies.
- Black Ribbon Day commemorated: August 23 marked the 75th anniversary of the 1939 Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact, which divided Europe and helped start the Second World War. See "News & Events- News."
- Estonia commemorates the 25th anniversary of the Baltic Way – the longest unbroken human chain in history. Read the Estonian World article here.
- Sihtasutus Archimedes kuulutab välja Rahvuskaaslaste programmi stipendiumite konkursi. See "Scholarships and Grants."
- Preserve your family’s history! Stanford University Libraries and the Museum of Occupations in Tallinn collecting Estonian expats’ family / Stanfordi Ülikooli Raamatukogu ja Okupatsioonide Muuseum Tallinnas ootavad väliseestlaste perekonnaraamatuid. See "News & Events- News."
- Estonian National Museum is looking for WWII and post-WWII correspondence / Eesti Rahva Muuseum otsib kirju. See "News & Events- News."
- Online Estonian Language Course for English Speakers Launched. See "Learning Estonian."
- Tallinn named one of top hottest, smartest cities in 2014 by National Geographic Traveler. See "Did You Know?"
- NEW! Shop at AmazonSmile, and Amazon will make a contribution to EANC at no charge to you! Click here.
- Conducting Hands in Tallinn. See "Did You Know?"
- "In search of the true Estonian" by Martin Ehala, in "The Estonian American Experience."
- "Siberi kodu" HOOANDJA. Kadri Viires, Okupatsioonide Muuseum palub: "toetage "Siberi kodu" kogumisvõistluse raamatu väljaandmist ning jagage linki!" http://www.hooandja.ee/projekt/siberi-lood#tab-3-tab
- Andres Simonson writes about Lakewood Estonian House in Estonian World. See "Did You Know?"
[Last Update: Sept. 25, 2014]