Special 2015 Fundraising Drive: because of the urgency of the East European situation, EANC announces a fundraising drive to raise $200,000 by the end of 2015! See "Contribute" for details, and how you can make a difference.
- Support Estonian American National Council by shopping at AmazonSmile! When you do your Holiday shopping at AmazonSmile, Amazon donates 0.5% of the purchase price to Estonian American National Council. Bookmark the AmazonSmile link and support us every time you shop.
- EANC urges you to write to your Congressperson! See Matti Prima's sample letter and other info at "East European Crisis."
- November 2014 "Teataja" Newsletter has been mailed out. If you wish to be added to our mailing list, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can read it and past issues from the Newsletter Archives in the right-hand column.
- EANC elects new Board of Directors. See "EANC Elections"
- EANC 2014 Awards Dinner and Seminar "Estonians in America: Past, Present and Future" – Sept. 27 / ERKÜ 2014. a. auhindade õhtusöök ja seminar – 27. sept. See "EANC Activities" for details.
- ERKÜ 2014. a. auhinna saajad valitud/ EANC 2014 Awardees Announced! Award winners: Jaak Juhansoo, The Nordic Press (Vaba and Eesti Sõna), James and Maureen Tusty, and the Estonian Boy Scouts and Girl Guides in the U.S. See "EANC Activities" for details.
- ERKÜ XXI Esinduskogu valimised / EANC XXI Elections. Click MENU button "EANC 2014 Elections". Congratulations to everyone - Palju õnne!
- 2015 KLENK-IEP -- Cruising Estonian Style!
The joint KLENK (Kesk-Lääne Eesti Noorte Koondis / Midwestern Estonian Youth Association) and IEP (Idaranniku Eesti Päevad / East Coast Estonian Days) event will combine Estonian culture with sunshine, Caribbean islands, fine dining and luxurious travel. See "News & Events- Events."
- LEP 2015 in Whistler, British Columbia, is just under nine months away! See "News & Events- Events."
- Cyber Security Summer School Estonia 2015 is now accepting applications from PhD level students and junior researchers. More information and the documents required are on the STudyitin.ee /C3S website and via e-mail email@example.com.
- Kultuuriministeerium toetab väliseesti kultuuriühinguid; Deadline - Dec. 15! For more info click here.
- "Fall of the Berlin Wall" documentary by the Victims of Communism Memorial Foundation -- view it here.
- Obama's visit to Estonia: click here for briefing by the Center for Strategic and International Studies.
- See "East European Crisis" for White House "FACT SHEET: U.S. Support and Reassurance Initiatives for the Baltics and Central Europe," EANC's Sept. 1 letter to President Obama, and JBANC's Aug. 31 letter.
- Preserve your family’s history! Stanford University Libraries and the Museum of Occupations in Tallinn collecting Estonian expats’ family / Stanfordi Ülikooli Raamatukogu ja Okupatsioonide Muuseum Tallinnas ootavad väliseestlaste perekonnaraamatuid. See "News & Events- News."
- Estonian National Museum is looking for WWII and post-WWII correspondence / Eesti Rahva Muuseum otsib kirju. See "News & Events- News."
- Online Estonian Language Course for English Speakers Launched. See "Learning Estonian."
- Imbi Peebo Truumees' story of her escape from Estonia as a child, "If I Could Paint the Moon Black" authored by Nancy Burke, is now available from Lakeshore Press Books.
- "In search of the true Estonian" by Martin Ehala, in "The Estonian American Experience."
- "Siberi kodu" HOOANDJA. Kadri Viires, Okupatsioonide Muuseum palub: "toetage "Siberi kodu" kogumisvõistluse raamatu väljaandmist ning jagage linki!" http://www.hooandja.ee/projekt/siberi-lood#tab-3-tab
[Last Update: Dec. 12, 2014]