- EANC issues statement regarding misinformation about the Baltic countries and their support to NATO. See "Washington Update."
- Steve Jürvetson will receive the Estonian American National Council’s 2016 Outstanding Achievement Award, in recognition of his many successes in the realm of venture capital investment (including Skype), as well as his contributions to Estonia and the Estonian American community. Mr. Jürvetson will be honored at EANC’s awards gala on Saturday, November 5 at the San Francisco Marriott Union Square in San Francisco, California. See "EANC 2016 Awards" for details.
- Marina Kaljurand, former Foreign Minister of the Republic of Estonia and former Ambassador to the U.S., Canada and Mexico, will be the keynote speaker at the EANC’s November 5, 2016, gala event in San Francisco. Gala ticket price will increase on Sept. 1, so make your reservations now! See "EANC 2016 Gala" for details and registration form. Sponsorship and advertising opportunities are available!
- EANC will honor Portland’s Lonnie Cline with the 2016 Friend of Estonian Americans Award. And, the Estonian League of the West Coast (EOLL) has been awarded the 2016 Outstanding Organization Award. Both these awards will be presented at EANC’s 2016 awards gala on November 5 in San Francisco. See "EANC 2016 Awards" for details.
- Mother-Daughter Team Lehti Merilo and Liina Teose Recognized for Preserving and Promoting Estonian Folk Dance and Music - recipients of its 2016 Outstanding Achievement award, Lehti Merilo and Liina Teose will be honored at the EANC’s awards gala on Nov. 5, in San Francisco.
See "EANC 2016 Awards" for details.
- 2016 Award for Outstanding Contributions to EANC Award Recipient is Arne Kalm! See "EANC 2016 Awards" for details.
Pre-order price going up Sept. 15 for “Estonians in America, 1945-1995: Exiles in a Land of Promise,” the history of Estonians in the United States from the time of the World War II. See "EANC Activities" for details and order form.
- EANC is looking for Estonian-Americans throughout the U.S. who are interested in letting our legislators know that we value security and stability in Europe! Please take this short survey if you want to help: https://s.zoomerang.com/r/EANCpoliticalaction. See "Washington Update."
EVENTS & OTHER NEWS:
Black Ribbon Day Commemoration atSee "Washington Update."Victims of Communism Memorial.
- Välisministri tervitus väliseestlastele 20.08./ Greetings from Estonia's Foreign Minister. Link to video/ Videotervitus link:https://vimeo.com/179426388. See full text at "News and Events - NEWS."
- Central and East European Coalition (CEEC) Reaffirms Need for Strong U.S. Leadership in Europe. See full text on "Washington Update."
- An old publication's new tricks: How an Estonian-American newspaper is compiled from Tallinn - Estonian Public Broadcasting article. See "Did You Know?".
- Joint Baltic American Committee (JBANC) issues statement on importance of the Baltics in NATO. JBANC is very concerned with recent misguided statements related to the United States' commitment to upholding NATO treaty agreements. See full text on "Washington Update."
- After its success in 2015, the KLENK-IEP cruise returns on March 19-26, 2017, combining music, sun, and tropical beaches along with Estonian camaraderie and a wide variety of Estonian cultural happenings. You can view the itinerary and ports of call at www.KLENK-IEP.com. For more information, contact: Rein Luning, info@KLENK-IEP.com, 561-409-9335.
- EV100 website launched for Estonia's 100th anniversary. See Menu Button at top: "Celebrating Estonia 1918-2018".
- "ESTONIAN PERSPECTIVES" section at right now changed to "PERSPECTIVES." New BLOGS added from Karin Shuey and Victims of Communism's "Dissident."
EANC Board of Directors: From left: Matti Prima, Maia Linask (Secretary), Mirjam Krull, Mai-Liis Bartling, Marju Rink-Abel (President), Eric Suuberg (Vice President), Arne Kalm. Kristi Allpere, Andres Simonson. [Not present: Alvar Soosaar, Tiina Urv (treasurer)]
[Last Update: Sept. 24, 2016]